Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity
June 2016 - Present
Director of Communications and Alumni Engagement
Masonic Library & Museum of Indiana
September 2012 – May 2014
Developing small institution with an annual operating budget of $20k, a volunteer staff with active eight-person board. During my internship, the annual visitation increased from 100+ to 750.
Collections Management and Exhibit Development Intern
Collaborate with Executive Director to redevelop museum mission, and produce exhibitions that address a broader museum audience. Actively work with Board of Directors and present exhibit strategies.
- Proposed and implemented a detailed budget-expenditure for 2013-14 fiscal year to develop revenue.
- Designed and launched museum website to enhance accessibility to museum collections, inform volunteer/membership, and display collections photography.
- Redesigned and produced museum labels and label mounts for new and existing exhibits.
- Enhanced collections space by designing collections storage, and applying collections policy. Available collections space doubled within 3 months of my internship while the applied design reduced cost of the proposed project by more than 50%.
- Produced 10-minute video documentary, and 4-minute video interactive.
- In coordination with touch screen program technician, developed and story lined touchscreen for exhibit.
Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
June 2010 - January 2012
Published articles on historic renovation projects, researched historical background for the Journal of Illinois History, and fulfilled editorial and secretarial tasks for agency staff under direction of the chief editor of the state preservation agency.
Historical Journalist Intern
- Conducted one-day History Competition and Event for children grades 5-8.
- Photographed Illinois Historical Buildings for published magazine and journal.
- Research and updated the Illinois County Courthouses to the National Register of Historic Places .
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum:
The Papers of Abraham Lincoln Project
Summer 2008 - Summer 2009
Researched collections registrations to conduct an online search for current location and ownership of Lincoln documents. Fulfilled staff requests of document editing, and oversaw transcription process.